A custom window & door manufacturer is seeking a full-time Mechanical Engineer to join our Engineering Department and assist in designing high end/high detail parts for our custom products.
- Develop and build prototypes using GD&T.
- Design new or improve existing products, utilizing multiple methods.
- Research competitor products quarterly and collaborate with the product development team to generate ideas for making our products the best on the market.
- Organize and develop BOM.
- Create detailed approval, shop and installation drawings.
- Consult with fabrication teams during product manufacturing, advising them on design specifications and providing physical assistance when required.
- Communicate and accurately modify technical drawings based on customer request.
- Coordinate with team to understand project requirements, verify design details and recommend modifications as needed according to company, site standards and best practices.
- Work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
**Drug test is required and MUST be passed in order to be considered for this position.**
Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET-accredited program.
Two years of mechanical engineering experience, commercial construction and manufacturing.
SolidWorks – able to model following GD&T.
Creating parts, assemblies, design tables and 2D Drawing.
PhotoView-360 rendering is a plus.
Simulation is a plus (3D print).
AutoCAD – proficient in drafting and annotation. Familiarity with blocks and dimensioning.
Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Ability to communicate with architects, engineers, sales, and fabrication teams.
Detail oriented, organized with the ability to handle multiple ongoing projects and meet deadlines.
Strong understanding of engineering concepts, principles and techniques.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.