A custom window & door manufacturer is seeking a full-time Administrative/Purchasing Assistant to join our Purchasing Department and assist in cost-effective purchasing and ensuring our inventory is fully stocked.
- Monitor stock levels and identify purchasing needs.
- Research potential vendors.
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery.
- Update internal databases with order details (dates, vendors, quantities, invoices and discounts).
- Conduct market research to identify pricing trends.
- Evaluate offers from vendors and negotiate better prices.
- Prepare cost analyzes.
- Maintain updated records of invoices and contracts.
- Follow up with suppliers as needed to confirm or change orders.
- Liaise with warehouse staff to ensure all products arrive in good condition.
- Organize office and assist associates in ways that optimize procedures.
- Sort and distribute communications in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure compliance with established
- Resolve office-related malfunctions and respond to requests or issues.
- Schedule and plan meetings and appointments.
- Create and update records ensuring accuracy and validity of information.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with various departments such as Accounting, Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, and Engineering.
- Work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
**Drug test is required and MUST be passed in order to be considered for this position.**
Must have a minimum of 2 years experience as a Purchasing Assistant, Purchasing Officer, or similar role.
Must have a high school diploma.
Highly proficient in using QuickBooks.
Highly proficient in Excel/Microsoft Office.
Excellent understanding of supply chain procedures.
Excellent knowledge of conducting market research.
Has professional phone etiquette.
Detail oriented and organized with the ability to handle multiple ongoing projects and meet deadlines.
Must be able to work well in fast paced environments.
Strong interpersonal skills.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Able to work overtime if needed.