Shipping Clerk (Office Position)
We are seeking a full-time Shipping Clerk to join our team. As a shipping clerk, you are on the front line, making sure that all of our clients receive deliveries in a timely manner for the best price. In this way, you will be seen as an important liaison between our business and our clients.
Compensation: $18/hr based on experience + PTO + Paid Holidays.
- Confirm a full payment has been received from client.
- Liaise with warehouse staff to ensure all products are completed and ready for pick up.
- Maintain updated records of invoices.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with various departments such as Sales, Customer Service, Accounting.
- Effectively communicate with clients and freight companies.
- Conduct market research to identify pricing trends and research potential freight companies.
- Evaluate offers from freight companies and negotiate better prices.
- Determines method of shipment and prepare bills, invoices and other shipping documents.
- Create and update internal databases with order details (dates, vendors, quantities, invoices and discounts).
- Ensure adherence to environmental management and systems and optimize procedures.
- Trouble shoots shipping issues and customer complaints that arise and work to solve them.
- Stay in contact with shipping company to ensure pick up and delivery occurs in a timely manner.
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
A minimum of two years of shipping coordinator or related experience required.
Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Google Suite.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills used to deal with co-workers, customers, vendors, and production management.
Detail oriented and organized with the ability to handle multiple ongoing projects and meet deadlines.
Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
Excellent organization and administrative skills.
Detail-oriented and multitasking skills.
Integrity and leadership skills.
Ability to work on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
High energy, self-motivated, or be successful working both independently or as part of a team.