Quality Control Lead/Specialist
This position reports directly to the owner of the company and collaborates with other members of the facility leadership team. The Quality Lead is responsible ensuring process and product quality excellence across the value stream of the business.
- Manages the Quality Program and drives continuous improvement from a Quality performance and compliance perspective.
- Collaboratively develops the Quality Operating System for the entire Value Stream. Works directly with site leadership teams on Quality Processes, Quality Improvements and Sustainability Plans to ensure Customer expectations are met.
- Work collaboratively with the leadership team to ensure that the Quality Program keeps leaders and managers informed on quality performance while driving leadership accountability into all functions.
- Supports the definition of and measurement of quality performance goals consistent with those aligned with COPQ: Cost of Poor Quality (Scrap, Rework, Warranty Work, etc).
- Coordination with Engineering resources to ensure quality involvement in new product introduction
- Work collaboratively with purchasing, engineering, and manufacturing to adequately evaluate customer complaints to improve delivered quality.
- Support the development and deployment of process control improvements. Conduct Quality Kaizen events to drive containment and tactical actions, particularly those associated with Customer Complaints.
- Problem solving skills such as RCCA, Cause Chain Analysis, etc.
- Working knowledge of 5S and the benefits it yields to the organization.
- Have a working knowledge of Quality Systems and Compliance aspects associated with the manufacturing of high-end commercial/residential products.
- Preferred candidate will have experience with working collaboratively with cross functional resources while acting as a Change Agent to improve processes.
- Demonstrated leadership capability and influence skills to drive changes and improvements in quality performance experienced by the customer.
- Experience in using data and COPQ modeling to highlight a Case for Change.
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects and manage the activities of multi-disciplinary teams.
- Proven problem-solving skills, including ability to interpret data, define actions, and implement solutions. Demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for implementing solutions.
- Adept in soliciting facts and opinions from all team members and creating a constructive and open environment for sharing data. Capable of making fact-based decisions and communicating to team members why certain facts or recommendations prevailed over others.
- Interpersonal and presentation skills to effectively communicate with peers and leaders.
- Bi-lingual is a plus.
- Training Background is a plus.
**Drug test is required and MUST be passed in order to be considered for this position.**
BS Degree with 5 years’ experience; in lieu of degree candidate will have a total 10+ years of applicable industry experience.
Minimum of 3 years of experience in Operations/Manufacturing, Quality, or related professional experience. Mechanical product experience preferred.
Minimum of 3 years of leadership/managerial experience with demonstrated strength in communications with customers and suppliers.
Experience in Process Mapping and development of Quality Control Plans to ensure that product quality is “built-in” and validated before customer release.